The QLok™ is designed to diminish the effects and aid in the rehabilitation of patellofemoral pain. The superior compression and unique strapping system of the QLok™ push the patella back into the correct position in the trochlear notch. A properly positioned patella spreads the force in the knee joint over a larger surface and decreases pain and wear on the joint
Bio Skin® supports should be applied to dry skin only. Oils, lotions and/or perspiration activate "SkinLok™" making correctly sized supports seem small and difficult to apply. This response to moisture should not cause confusion with respect to proper sizing. Always dry the body segment thoroughly prior to application.
Take the support with both hands and stretch the top and bottom of the brace two to three times. This helps break-in the material.
- 1. Remove the patella strap and loosen any circumferential straps. Start from a sitting position when applying the QLok™ brace. Pull the entire support past the heel. Then, from a standing position, using both hands and with a firm grip, pull and center the support over the patella. After a few minutes of wear the brace will conform to the leg.
- 2. The patella strap is positioned on the lateral side of the patella and the middle hook is attached to the loop on the lateral side of the patella.
- 3. The ends of the patella strap are attached to the medial side, giving the desired medial pull.
Easy Care Instructions
Wash Bio Skin® regularly to prevent body salt and oil build-up that naturally occurs after the product has been worn a few times. Attach the hook to the loop to prevent lint build-up. This will give your Bio Skin® a longer life span.
Download Qlok Brace Application Instructions
- 30 C 86 F
- Hand Wash
- Hang Dry
- Do Not Bleach
- Do Not Dry Clean
- Seats patella in trochlear notch
- Reduces patella tilt
- Provides a traction force on the lateral retinaculum
- Lightweight hinges anchor the Dynamic Patella Traction Strap™
- Contoured cut designed to fit a wider variety of thigh shapes
- Hinges naturally contour to leg
- Available in front closure design for easy application
- Universal left and right
- Lightweight: 7 ounces
- Constructed of Bio Skin® Stratus™ material
- 100% neoprene free and latex free
- Anterior Knee Pain
- Maltracking Patella
- Patellar Glide
- Patellar Subluxation
- Patellar Tilt
- Patellofemoral Knee Pain
- Patellofemoral Osteoarthritis
- Post Surgical Lateral Release
- Tight Lateral Retinaculum